- Child, Adolescent and Family Counselling and Therapy
- Focused Psychological Strategies [Medicare rebate]
- Individual and Couple Counselling
- Men’s and Boy’s work
- Group Work
- Family Group Meetings
- Individual and Group Professional Supervision
I am an accredited mental health practitioner, registered with Medicare Australia, providing focused psychological strategies including Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Relaxation and Stress Management skills, Mindfulness techniques, Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution skills, Anger Management and Parenting skills, Interpersonal therapy, and Psycho-education and motivational interviewing. I specialize in assessing and working with people experiencing trauma, dissociative disorders, anxiety, family conflict, relationship problems, adjustment issues, depression, day-to-day life crises, addictions, conduct disorder, reactive attachment disorder, panic, suicidal thoughts, cross-cultural transitions, grief, personality disorders and psychosis.
Child, Adolescent and Family Counseling and Therapy has been the focus of my working life for over 30 years. I take an action-orientated approach to working with family systems in which I seek to build respecting partnership therapeutic relationships with my clients in order to best enable holistic understandings of the fundamental building blocks of individual and family functioning including strengths, problem solving skills, emotional regulation skills, conflict resolution skills, resilience, communication skills and structural arrangements of the family including boundaries, hierarchy. [User Friendly Family Therapy] I specialize in assisting families experiencing parent-child / adolescent conflict; grief and loss; trauma; mental health issues; parental separation and blending; child development issues.
My practice with men and boys encompasses work on how men construct their sense of identity and personal values systems in contemporary Australian society; dealing with childhood trauma; developing personal responsibility; self-care and mindfulness skills; anger and stress management skills; communication and conflict resolution skills.
I work closely with other therapists, medical practitioners, statutory and community based agencies, teachers and schools. I receive referrals from multiple sources:
- Private individuals and families
- Medical Practitioners including GP's, Pediatricians and Psychiatrists
- Government Child Protection agencies for whom I provide child, adolescent and family therapy; staff training and supervision; mediation; and family group conference facilitation.
- Community based child and family services such as TRACC Strengthening Families, Mercy Community Services.
- Allied Health Professionals and Therapists including pediatric OT's,
- Private Practitioners and Consultants engaged in child and family services including Encompass Family and Community: www.efac.com.au
- Government and community-based Youth Justice Services
- Men's and boy's work organizations
- Philanthropic organizations
- Insurance Companies